Friday, November 13, 2009

Halloween Activities!

WOW!!! What a busy week the week of Halloween was for us! I was so thankful for all the distractions though. I signed up to be room mom in Braxton’s class again this year and was in charge of the Halloween party! I had parents helping in the class, but I prepared almost everything on my own for all 23 kids. One mom picked up the cookies and another mom picked up the candy to decorate cookies, but I put together all the craft kits and made all the games. It was quite the undertaking in my “condition!”                                                                
To start things off the elementary school had a Halloween parade. Cole’s preschool had the ok to be a part of the parade so both boys got to walk around.                                                                                 
After the parade Cole went back to preschool for his party, which I feel awful for missing the whole thing! Then Braxton’s class put on some short skits for the parents, and his party followed those.                        
For Braxton’s class party we decorated cookies, read a story, made bat pins that they could wear, played pumpkin bowling (they knocked over ghosts), and had a witch hat ring toss game also. It went great and they all had fun!                                                                                              
As soon as picking up Cole from preschool we hurried to a birthday party for his friend Keaton. They had a lot of fun as the day continued! That night at church we had our trunk or treat with a party before that. Four parties in one day!!! Man was I tired!                                                                                                                        
On Friday night Dave and the boys carved pumpkins while I was at the laundry mat cleaning our comforter that Cole threw up on in the middle of the night. They were also watching t.v. (one picture of Braxton shows him looking straight at it!).                                                                             
I didn’t take any pictures on Halloween I forgot, but Dave took the boys out trick or treating while I stayed home. I sat out with candy for a few minutes, but got bored so I just left the bowl out and enjoyed the peace and quiet!                                                                       
                            

No comments: