Friday, July 9, 2010

4th of July Weekend!

Two weeks ago I had surgery to have my gall bladder removed. It was an outpatient surgery, but my in-laws wanted us to leave the boys in Logan for a week while I rested to recover. I couldn't leave the baby and didn't lightly agree to leaving them. I knew that for my sister-in-law, who has 4 small kids of her own, it would mean having two more to watch during the day. We went back on July 1st to get them and stayed for the weekend. On Friday night we went to watch fireworks!
 

Porter waiting for the show!

I'm sad I guess I need to learn how to shoot fireworks with our camera. They didn't turn out good and we have a nice one! 
  
 
 
  On Saturday we helped Dave's dad pour a retaining wall in their back yard. For a few hours that morning I helped! Yes, one week out of surgery I was building a cement wall. It was fun!

 
Porter was helping us that day too!
 

In the afternoon Dave's brother and his wife took us out in their canoe. I went out later with just Dave, but didn't last very long for fear of the canoe tipping. I didn't even think about my stitches and what would happen if we did fall in the yucky water!!!
 
 


Before we left we also got to visit Dave's aunt and uncle who were visiting from Michigan! It was fun to see them for a few minutes! And thanks to everyone who helping in my recovery process! I feel great now!!!





No comments: