Monday, October 3, 2011

Braxton Turns 9!

Braxton turned 9 at the end of August. I can't believe I have a kid that old!!! It only means I'm getting older.... We started the day off with presents first. It was a Saturday and Dave spent all day helping some friends move. He came home about 1 and there were two boys coming over at 2 for cake and ice cream. I hadn't finished the cake yet, nor showered, nor cleaned up the mess.

Last year we ruined Braxton's birthday as it was the day we decided we had no other choice but to move in with Dave's parents for a while. We had a big party with lots of friends over, but he also cried a lot that day because we were going to leave 3 days later.

We haven't met very many people here yet, but Braxton asked if he could have two boys from church come. We were excited he wanted people to come over so we quickly agreed! He asked for a chocolate cake with strawberries in it and chocolate frosting.


 

His cake was everything he wanted, even though you can't see the chocolate frosting! I wanted to be able to decorate it still so I put a small layer of chocolate frosting underneath and decorated over it!!




 




All in all he had a fun day! We also let him pick out all of his meals which was exciting for him! We've been eating a lot of cheap stuff lately that they don't enjoy so I think he LOVED having stuff to eat where he loved it all!

We sure love Braxton!!! He's really struggled for the past year and still wants to move back to Centerville. I hope that someday he'll be able to move on and let go. In the mean time I hope that we can just make him as happy as possible without being there!!!

3 comments:

Lori Pincock said...

It's amazing how time flies! Braxton sure looks very grown up in these pictures & the cake looks very yummy! So glad he's been able to adjust...albeit slowly. Pennsylvania is a beautiful place & I'm sure he'll love it soon enough!!

Unknown said...

We love you Braxton:-)

Shannon said...

ok, I'm going through reading your previous posts and dang girl! You make some cool cakes!! Wow!