Monday, October 3, 2011

The First Day of School......

We were so excited for school to start! The summer was very L.O.N.G.!!! The boys were very bored and needed to get away from the house. I am excited that they get to make new friends and maybe be more happy here, although they haven't complained about it too much.

We headed off to the bus stop which was different from last year. It was on a curve, right next to the road, and people go pretty fast on it also. Twice while we were there the boys fought and pushed each other in the road. For whatever reason we were the ONLY ones at the bus stop that morning...... When we walked back to the house everyone else in our neighborhood was walking away from the stop we went to last year.

So, me being me, I was bugged and started trying to call the bus garage. The phones weren't working so I called the school. I got a dial tone when I called there also. This continued for almost an hour and I was really bugged by then! I should have been able to reach the school, my kids are there after all! So I DROVE to the school. The principal was helping kids into the school and I spoke with him for a minute. He was unaware that the phones weren't working. I went to the office to ask about the bus stop and why our boys were the only ones there while everyone else was at the other stop. The secretary looked in the computer and for whatever reason the bus garage put our boys at that busy, unsafe stop all by themselves! Everyone else indeed was to go to the other stop 500 ft or less away. She asked if I wanted to change to that stop. Well duh!!!

After that everything else has gone smoothly. I am in charge of the three classroom parties in Cole's class this year and it will be fun, but a challenge!!! They have VERY strict rules and I even have to turn in a permission slip and get it approved first. They can't have treats of any kind, they can only be healthy foods. Also the activities have to be approved. Also there are 5 passes to hand out and if you don't get a pass, you aren't allowed in the school!!! CRAZY huh???!!!

Braxton's teacher mentioned that I could come in each month and decorate the classroom's hall bulletin board also so we'll see if I decide I want that job or not!!!





No comments: