Sunday, May 17, 2009

Ekg’s, x-rays, asthma?

So I had my first ekg in the middle of the night Friday. I have been having problems with my allergies and breathing has been difficult. I woke up about 1:30 in the morning and I couldn't breathe at all! Dave took me to the er and sure enough I wasn't breathing anywhere near what I should be. I was supposed to have a breathe output of 476 and I was only at 178. I had to have three breathing treatments, and a battery of tests. My blood pressure was 167/104 which is way high and bad in pregnancy. They did an ekg to make sure I wasn't having heart problems, blood tests to make sure I didn't have a blood clot, and an x-ray to make sure I didn't have pneumonia. Everything was normal which was good. My allergies triggered my childhood asthma and they said that sometimes it just makes your lungs spasm and can cause breathing problems. Anyways today I feel much better which is a relief. I still have to use an inhaler every 4 hours and there is some risk to the baby. I am just hoping that the risks aren't high.

We were in Logan at Dave's parents, which was good and the boys never even knew it happened. We came back and Braxton had moved to my bed and was sleeping, but both boys were out cold! They had fun visiting grandpa and grandma!

No comments: