Monday, October 5, 2009

Happy Anniversary!!!

Dave and I have a kind of crazy story! We had decided to postpone our wedding, but still had plane tickets for the original time to fly back to Michigan. While we were there we decided to still get married. Everything of course was still in Utah, except my dress. We had three days to pull it all off! 

Dave’s sister Corina somehow was able to get into our house to get some of the things we left behind. She brought my veil, Dave’s ring, and the poofy skirt that went under my dress. They hurried and caught a flight to Michigan so our things arrived the day before. I forgot though to have her grab my shoes so I had to go on a frantic shopping spree to find shoes.

The morning of the wedding was going well, until I tried to put on my dress. I had gained a couple pounds and my mom couldn’t get my dress closed. It was buttons the whole way down the back so we were really stressed about what to do. There was a lot of pulling, but after much hard work they were finally able to get my dress closed. Needless to say it looks tight in the pictures!

For the wedding my dad walked me down the of Dave’s parent’s front yard, Dave’s dad married us, and a friend of ours named Paul played the violin. After the wedding we had a short lunch and less than an hour to get to the airport to fly home!

We didn’t arrive back to Logan until 2:30 in the morning and I had to be to work by 7:30! That in a nut shell was our crazy beginning and in some ways I guess you can say things have never slowed down since!!! I love you Dave, thanks for the last eight years and all the years to come!!!

 
I added the first picture because it has always been Dave's favorite! 

 
 

No comments: