Thursday, October 1, 2009

So Far Behind Again!!!!

I'm so far behind again with posts a little more than a month to be exact. I haven't posted Braxton's birthday, our anniversary, or Cole's birthday. Look for them in the next couple days.
Today is a little blurb about the roller coaster of Porter yesterday. I went in for a checkup and left for labor and delivery where I remained for almost four hours! While at the doctors I had three contractions, and I made the doctor feel so that he knew I wasn't making it up. The contractions for the last two weeks have been lasting all day every day. This is not uncommon for me, but was a little troubling to the doctor because he doesn't know why they would be like that.

While testing my urine they found white blood cells in it which are a sign of a bladder infection, and too can send one into preterm labor if not treated quickly enough. So that also was concern to him. After getting to labor and delivery they hooked me up to monitors and watched the contractions and the baby's heart rate. He was anything BUT co-operative! He has had slow movements for days and once they put eyes on him he began moving so much he was hard to track. He is like this every time we've done an ultrasound or any time the doctor tries to listen to him in the office. The nurse finally had to bring in an ultrasound machine so she could find exactly where his heart was.

Yeah! We got to see baby! It wasn't the greatest imaging, but he is getting so big and looks great. She was able to find it and then get more accurate reads. She came in a few minutes later to do a test that determines if you are going to go into labor soon or not and to check for dilating. With the other boys by now I was 4 and 5 cms dilated and this time nothing has started yet. Of course the test came back negative also (I could have told you it would). So after a ton of time and a dark room, I finally was released. My body is just not liking the baby anymore and is being difficult, but he is completely fine. My theory on the contractions is, just check me and see if they are doing anything and if not then they are nothing. I guess it can just be more complicated than that sometimes.

Porter is in this for the long haul and isn't going to come anytime soon! From now on when I go to the doctors I'm going to keep quiet about anything so that I don't have to go through this almost every time I go. Then I don't have to inconvenience people either. Thanks to those of you who helped with our children yesterday and sorry Dave that you had to miss class!!!

1 comment:

The Davidsons said...

I'm so sorry! I had that same problem with bladder infections with Jack! It was nightmare! I was getting a bladder infection every other week they finally put me on Antibiotics for the last half of my pregnancy and all my problems went away! I hope that things are going well!