Monday, March 2, 2009

A Rough Night

Last night the boys had a rough night before bed. They were both in tears and just so sad. I told them we could read our books on mommy and daddy's bed so that we could cuddle together. I knew that would make it better. It took a little while, but they calmed down and relaxed. After the stories they wanted to fall asleep in our bed, but the stipulation was once asleep they were going in their beds. They agreed so we turned out the lights. I sang our usually tune of I Am A Child of God (all 4 versus) and then started humming some other songs. In the middle of one song Cole said," mommy, can you change the song on your radio!" It was so funny! I asked, "the song on my radio?" He replied," yeah, the hum hum hum." It was just so innocent and funny. I loved it!
 
Earlier in the night I sat and watched them play an 80's Atari game called Q'bert on the playstation. They were quick to tell me it was a stupid game, but the second they started playing it they didn't want to stop. I couldn't help, but just watch and laugh and cheer them on as they played one of my childhood favorites!
 
I sure love my boys and I hope everyday that they will always know and remember that!

No comments: